tell me more
I'm Mara — I help creatives create and launch digital courses and profitable products. I love chatting about online marketing, design and goal setting!
I’m back for another monthly review!
In this post I’ll cover:
1. Celebrate my birthday
Completed! I took the day off and enjoyed a long morning massage, tacos and some much needed beach time. You can also read about the 31 lessons I’ve learned in the last 31 years here.
2. Launch my podcast!
DONE! Create a Better Course is officially live and out in the world!
There are 4 brand new episodes you can listen to right now:
3. Send consistent emails to my list
Sort of done – I only missed one week this month.
4. Starting planning and prepping for an upcoming project that I can’t talk about just quite yet
Done! Though in full transparency I went to write this recap post and realized I hadn’t done much on the project yet so I forced myself to go back and start mapping it out before I allowed myself to finish writing this post.
5. Update my course software quiz
Done – you can take the updated version of my new quiz: Find Your Perfect Course Creation Software here.
This quiz helps walk you through the right online course software for your business! I’m super excited to have this updated and live because this is a question I get all the time in business.
$9,272 – This was all primarily one-to-one client work with several client launches this month. If you’re curious about the income streams in business I recently recorded a podcast episode sharing exactly how my business makes money.
1. Finish mapping out a big project I’m working on closer to the end of the year – I’m not ready to spill the details yet but it involves a bunch of planning and prepping.
2. Batch record 10 new solo podcast episodes.
3. Schedule podcast interviews through the end of the year – My podcast is a mix of solo and guest interviews. I’ve got a list of upcoming guest interviews I need to book in for recording.
4. Spend at least 1 hour cleaning up misc website items – In online business your website is pretty much constantly going out of date and having things to break. I always have a long list of website fixes and this month I want to block off at least an hour to work through my list of updates.
5. Block off 4 two hour chunks of time to focus on my Thrivecart Template shop – I might start going to a coffee shop once a week just to focus on my upcoming shop launch. This is one of my favorite goal setting tactics to actually make sure you get your project done. Pick a fun place to go and choose a time once a week that you are going to show up and work on that project.
6. Continue Yoga 3x a week – This was a habit I started in May and it’s been fantastic for my health and stress. I originally planned on joining an in person class but I find getting dressed, getting in the car, driving and going to an actual class to be overwhelming. Instead I set a goal to just choose three Youtube yoga videos to do. I can do them anytime through the week and if I’m really not feeling it I’ll just do a quick before bed sleep yoga routine.
7. Go swimming at least once – We have a community neighborhood pool and I’ve implemented a summer rule to try to make it to the pool on Fridays each week.
See you next month!
*This post may contain affiliate links.